How to make Portuguese bifanas casserole.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 pound (lb) of pork bifanas1 can ( large) mushrooms2 tablespoons of tomato paste2 tablespoons of lard or butter1/2 cup of Port wineSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the pork fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet (medium heat) with lard (or butter) and when hot, fry the pork fillets on both sides.
- Remove the pork fillets and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and fry until golden brown.
- Add the Port wine, tomato paste, season with salt and pepper, and add the pork fillets back in the skillet and let it simmer for a bit.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Learn how to make the best Portuguese custard tarts (pasteis de nata) with Michael Santos.
Santa Cruz beach covers an extended stretch of sand. The purity of both the waters and sands here comes in addition to the surrounding picturesque landscapes and ensure that Santa Cruz is a highly popular tourist...
This papas (Portuguese porridge) recipe from Just Cook with Michael Santos is easy, quick to make and delicious.