Portuguese Bifanas Casserole Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Feb 26, 2016
3 out of 5 with 93 ratings
1 pound (lb) of pork bifanas1 can ( large) mushrooms2 tablespoons of tomato paste2 tablespoons of lard or butter1/2 cup of Port wineSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Season the pork fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet (medium heat) with lard (or butter) and when hot, fry the pork fillets on both sides.
- Remove the pork fillets and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and fry until golden brown.
- Add the Port wine, tomato paste, season with salt and pepper, and add the pork fillets back in the skillet and let it simmer for a bit.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.