Portuguese Orange Mousse Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesSat, Feb 27, 2016
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
- Cut the oranges in half and squeeze them. Avoid damaging the skin. Keep about 10 tablespoons of juice.
- Remove the pulp from the oranges and place the shells in the refrigerator.
- Mix the gelatin with 6 tablespoons of cold water and let it soften for 10 minutes, then heat it, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves.
- Mix the egg yolks with two thirds of the sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the juice of the orange with the hot gelatin, then refrigerate.
- Beat the egg whites and then add the remaining sugar, stirring constantly.
- Beat the cream until very firm. Mix the egg whites and whipped cream with the orange mixture.
- Place the orange mousse on the cold orange shells and garnish with orange zest.
Comments(Leave a comment.)
There are no comments for this recipe. (Be the first one to leave a comment.)