How to make Portuguese spareribs feijoada.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of spareribs1 sausage (chouriço)3 cans (small) of red beans already cooked2 cabbages2 carrots2 ripe tomatoes1 onion2 cloves of garlic1 bay leaf4 tablespoons of tomato sauce1 tablespoon of pepper sauce (to taste)2 tablespoons of chopped coriander1 teaspoon of saltGround pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the ribs in the pressure cooker and let it cook for about 15 minutes after it boils.
- In another pan, add the olive oil, bay leaf, sliced sausage and saute the onion, garlic and tomato cut in small pieces.
- Add the cabbage cut into cubes, than add the sliced carrots and a little water, about a glass and a half.
- When it starts boiling, add the remaining spices, coriander, tomato sauce, salt, pepper sauce and ground pepper (to taste), and than add the cooked ribs.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes, than lastly add the cooked beans (rinsed in water), wait a few minutes and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Tia Maria's Blog has received millions of visitors and has over 40,000 social media followers from countries around the world.
Lina's traditional Portuguese bread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, it is great with butter and cheese and a good cup of coffee.
How this 183 year old Portuguese café in Belem, Portugal makes the famous and original custard tarts.
Learn how to make Portuguese bacalhau à brás with this step by step video.
Cozido (boiled meal) cooked by the steam of the volcano in Furnas, Azores, Portugal.
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.