Portuguese Spareribs Feijoada Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Feb 27, 2016
3 out of 5 with 3 ratings
2 lbs of spareribs1 sausage (chouriço)3 cans (small) of red beans already cooked2 cabbages2 carrots2 ripe tomatoes1 onion2 cloves of garlic1 bay leaf4 tablespoons of tomato sauce1 tablespoon of pepper sauce (to taste)2 tablespoons of chopped coriander1 teaspoon of saltGround pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Cook the ribs in the pressure cooker and let it cook for about 15 minutes after it boils.
- In another pan, add the olive oil, bay leaf, sliced sausage and saute the onion, garlic and tomato cut in small pieces.
- Add the cabbage cut into cubes, than add the sliced carrots and a little water, about a glass and a half.
- When it starts boiling, add the remaining spices, coriander, tomato sauce, salt, pepper sauce and ground pepper (to taste), and than add the cooked ribs.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes, than lastly add the cooked beans (rinsed in water), wait a few minutes and serve.