Learn how to make Portuguese pot roast.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||2 h 50 min|
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 to 5 lb beef bottom round roast1 large onion, sliced4 cloves garlic, minced2 dried bay leaves1 tsp of paprikaSalt and pepper to tasteOlive oil1 cup of beer or red wine1 cup of water Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the onions in the center of a 13" x 9" Pyrex baking dish and place the roast on top of the onions, with the fat facing up.
- Pour the beer over the roast.
- Mix together the salt and pepper, then rub it over the roast and sprinkle the roast with paprika. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the roast.
- Place one bay leaf underneath the roast and one bay leaf on top.
- Drizzle the roast with olive oil.
- Add the water to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the roast on the center rack uncover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Then reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees F and bake uncovered for 2 and 1/2 hours.
- If pan juices evaporate completely during baking add a little more water to the pan.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm with pan juices poured over each slice.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch Nancy step by step on this video to learn how to make this delicious Portuguese octopus stew.
In this video we go on an EPIC food tour around Lisbon, which is perhaps the most beautiful city in Europe.
Gordon Ramsay's version of the Portuguese bifana, what do you think?