Learn how to make this popular Portuguese mussels with chouriço recipe (receita de mexilhões com chouriço).
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 tablespoons butter3 lbs of mussels1 cup of ground Portuguese chouriço1/2 large onion, sliced4 cloves of garlic, minced1/2 medium green pepper, sliced1/2 medium red pepper, sliced1/2 cup of white Get Portuguese ingredients
- Clean and de-beard the mussels, and then set aside.
- Set a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter to melt.
- Add the chourico and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the onions, garlic, green peppers and red peppers, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and 1/2 cup of water, and stir.
- Add the mussels and cover; cook until the mussels open, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, transfer the mussels to a large bowl, then spoon the cooking liquid with the onions, peppers and chourico over the top.
- Serve the bowl of mussels with bread.
You might also like:
As one of the oldest countries in Europe, Portugal has developed a wonderfully authentic and highly regarded cuisine. From chicken piri-piri to regional stews, modified Portuguese recipes and traditional Portuguese...
How to make banana bread with a Madeira wine glaze, banana bread is a delicious and popular baked treat that has gained immense popularity worldwide.
Portugal is located in southwest Europe, it shares its western and southern borders with Spain and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal.