Portuguese Orange Tarts Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Snacks
Mar 5, 2016
3 out of 5 with 183 ratings
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour2 teaspoons of baking powder1/4 teaspoon of saltgrated zest of 2 oranges4 eggs1 1/4 cup of sugar1 cup of fresh orange juice1 cup of unsalted butter, melted1 teaspoon of vanilla extractCoarse sugar
This recipe makes 24 tarts.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F and grease 2 muffin pans.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and sugar and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until the eggs are pale yellow and fall in ribbons, stir in orange juice, butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and stir well until it's well combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups filling them 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Sprinkle the top of each tart with some coarse sugar and place the pans back in the oven.
- Turn the oven off and leave them in there for 2 minutes.
- Allow the pans to cool for 5 minutes then run a knife around the edge of each tart and gently unmold.
You Might Also Like These