Portuguese Double Chocolate Mousse Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Desserts
Mar 6, 2016
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
For the White Chocolate Mousse:1/2 cup of white chocolate3 egg whites2 tablespoons sugar1 and 3/4 cups of heavy creamFor the Dark Chocolate Mousse:3/4 cup of dark chocolate (good quality)4 eggs1/2 cup of butter1/2 cup of sugarMilk chocolate sprinkles
- White Chocolate Mousse
- Place half of the cream in a small pan and let it boil until it is very hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and immediately add the chocolate broken into small pieces, stirring well until the chocolate is completely melted and forms into a smooth cream.
- Aside, beat the remaining cream with an electric mixer (must be very fresh, but not frozen).
- Beat the egg whites gradually adding two tablespoons of sugar.
- Add the cream with the melted chocolate to the whipped cream stirring slowly. Add to the previous prepared egg whites, stirring from top to bottom very carefully.
- Dark Chocolate Mousse
- In a pan, steam (banho maria) the chocolate with the butter to melt. Stir well until it forms into a smooth cream. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl place the egg yolks and sugar and beat well until it begins to turn into a cream and add it to the melted chocolate and butter.
- Aside, beat the egg whites firmly and than add the egg whites to the chocolate mixture moving slowly up and down very carefully.
- Fill the dessert bowls halfway with black chocolate mousse, finishing with the white chocolate mousse.
- Garnish with the milk chocolate sprinkles.
- Refrigerate and serve well chilled.
You Might Also Like These