Portuguese Fried Yams Recipe
1) Place the yams in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Add a pinch of salt.
2) Let it cook on medium heat for about an hour and a half until they are tender.
4) Once done, remove the skin and slice the roots in a circular shape about a half an inch thick.
5) Immediately fry the slices in a pan with oil on medium to high heat until they are golden brown.
6) Place on a platter with paper towels to dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve while hot.
Recipe & Photo Credit: easyportugueserecipes.com
You Might Also Like These