|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||55 min|
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
How to make Portuguese fava beans rice with fried chicken.
Fava Beans:3/4 lb of fava beans, skinless1/2 lb of rice1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil1 large onion, chopped3 cloves garlic, minced2 bay leavesSalt and pepper1/3 cup of white wine1 teaspoon dried oreganofresh coriander, choppedBoiling waterFried Chicken:1 chickenSalt, pepper and lemon juice for seasoning4 cloves of garlic1 tablespoon of paprika2 bay leaves1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil1/2 cup of white wine* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- If you use fresh beans, remove them from the pods. With the exception of very small and tender beans, make a small cut on the side and remove their skins. If using frozen beans, you should also remove their skin after thawing.
- In a pan heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic and bay leaf.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the white wine and oregano.
- Add boiling water and boil.
- After boiling 5 minutes add the fava beans and boil again.
- After boiling for 5 more minutes add the rice and if necessary, add a little more boiling water, sufficient to cook the rice.
- Stir occasionally to make sure the rice does not stick.
- Taste the rice and shut off the heat when the rice is cooked.
- Add the chopped fresh coriander and mix.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, clean, wash and drain.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and set aside for a few hours.
- In a saucepan or skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, garlic, bay leaves and paprika.
- When hot, fry the chicken until golden brown.
- When the meat starts to get dry add the white wine, little by little, and saute for a few minutes in order for the flavors to come together and the alcohol to evaporate.
- Shut off the heat, sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with the rice.
There are no comments for this recipe.