Portuguese Fried Liver Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Thu, Mar 10, 2016, 13:15, 2 Years ago
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
3/4 lb of beef liver1 teaspoon cumin6 tablespoons olive oilMarinade:3 cloves garlic1 teaspoon red pepper/pimento paste1 bay LeafWhite wine or beerSalt (to taste)
Get these Ingredients at Amazon.com
- Marinate the sliced liver in the above ingredients using enough wine or beer to just cover the liver.
- Allow to stand for 2 hours.
- Fry the liver in a little olive oil until brown.
- Remove and place in a separate saucepan.
- Add the marinade to the frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the liver and simmer gently until tender.
- This sauce is fairly rich so a little water maybe added if required.
- Add cumin to taste and serve with rice, enjoy!