Portuguese Fried Liver Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Mar 10, 2016
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
3/4 lb of beef liver1 teaspoon cumin6 tablespoons olive oilMarinade:3 cloves garlic1 teaspoon red pepper/pimento paste1 bay LeafWhite wine or beerSalt (to taste)Get these ingredients now
- Marinate the sliced liver in the above ingredients using enough wine or beer to just cover the liver.
- Allow to stand for 2 hours.
- Fry the liver in a little olive oil until brown.
- Remove and place in a separate saucepan.
- Add the marinade to the frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the liver and simmer gently until tender.
- This sauce is fairly rich so a little water maybe added if required.
- Add cumin to taste and serve with rice, enjoy!