Portuguese Fried Cod Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Mar 17, 2016
4 out of 5 with 19 ratings
1 lb of potatoes with the peel1 cube of vegetable stock1 cup of onions peeled and chopped4 cod fillet pieces (about 150 g each) desalted boned and with skin2 tablespoons of olive oil2 tablespoons of chopped chives2 tablespoons of chopped capers2 tablespoons of chopped parsley1 tablespoon of good quality mustard1 tablespoon caster sugar2 tablespoons of white vinegarOlives to garnish (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Wash the potatoes and cook in a pan with water and the broth until tender, drain and set aside the cooking water.
- Pass the potatoes through cold water, drain again and put aside.
- Put the capers, parsley, mustard, sugar, vinegar and oil in a pot and stir for 1 minute, check for salt, capers already have salt.
- Pour this sauce over the potatoes, sprinkle with the chives and put aside.
- In a skillet with a little olive oil, saute the onions and set aside.
- Dry the cod with a paper towel.
- In the same frying pan from the onions, heat a little olive oil and place the cod with the skin side down for 3 minutes, it will leave the skin crispy, turn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place the onions over the cod, garnish with the olives and serve with the poatoes.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!