How to make Portuguese scallops.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 pound fresh sea scallops1 tsp salt¼ tsp black pepper2 tablespoon olive oil⅓ cup port wine2 tbsp fresh lemon juice2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley5 garlic cloves, minced2 cups cooked rice Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over high heat until hot.
- Add half of scallops; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove scallops from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining scallops.
- Stir in port wine and lemon juice, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add back the scallops, 2 tbsp parsley, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds over high heat.
- Serve scallops over rice.
You might also like:
Bacalhau is cod fish which has been dried and salted to preserve it. It is said that there is a different dish using bacalhau for every day of the year in Portuguese cooking.
Legend has it that wine has been produced in Portugal since at least 4000 years ago, according to some sources. It is possible that Portugal has been producing wine since the time of the Phoenicians, although the...
Within Portugal's south-western border lies the Algarve region, which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
On the video, Angela from Angela Castro - The Olive Branch, shows you how to make the delicious Portuguese cavacas pastry.
Watch this step by step video from DIYwithnancyg on how to make this Portuguese style shrimp recipe (receita de camarão).
In these modern times, coffee is one of the beverages that the majority of people enjoy drinking. It's possible that you, too, are a coffee enthusiast who enjoys starting your day with a delicious cup of java.