How to make Portuguese Easter cod (Bacalhau de Páscoa).
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of cod3 onions, sliced3 tomatoes, peeled and sliced6 medium potatoes cut into slices1 red pepper cut into slicesChopped parsley10 green olives½ cup of olive oil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the cod in a container, cover with water and soak for 24 hours in the refrigerator. During this period, change the water several times to remove the salt.
- The next day, rinse the cod and place it in a pot with enough water to cover it. Simmer, but make sure it doesn't get to soft. Then separate it into large chunks.
- Cook the potatoes in the same water in which you cooked the cod.
- In a baking dish, add the ingredients in layers.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, add the olives and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for 30 minutes.
Ligia da Cal
It looks delicious 😋
1 year ago, Monday, April 11, 2022
You might also like:
What wine should I have with my food? Here are some tried and true food and wine pairings.
Natasha's best chocolate chip cookies are big, soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate.
Michael Santos shows you how to make pasteis de Santa Clara (pastries from Coimbra) on this video and it includes the written recipe.