Portuguese Easter Cod Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesWed, Mar 23, 2016
5 out of 5 with 29 ratings
1 lb of cod3 onions, sliced3 tomatoes, peeled and sliced6 medium potatoes cut into slices1 red pepper cut into slicesChopped parsley10 green olives½ cup of olive oil * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Place the cod in a container, cover with water and soak for 24 hours in the refrigerator. During this period, change the water several times to remove the salt.
- The next day, rinse the cod and place it in a pot with enough water to cover it. Simmer, but make sure it doesn't get to soft. Then separate it into large chunks.
- Cook the potatoes in the same water in which you cooked the cod.
- In a baking dish, add the ingredients in layers.
- Sprinkle with the parsley, add the olives and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F for 30 minutes.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!