Portuguese Nandos Rice Recipe
Posted in: Sides
Mar 30, 2016
3 out of 5 with 16 ratings
For piri piri seasoning:1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon oregano1 teaspoon paprika1 teaspoon cayenne pepper1 teaspoon black pepper1 teaspoon garlic powder1 teaspoon cumin2 tablespoon canola oil1 cup rice1 chicken stock cube½ yellow bell pepper½ red bell pepper1 crushed garlic clove
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Mix all the ingredients for the piripiri seasoning
- Fry the rice in canola oil and the piripiri seasoning until lightly toasted.
- Add 2 cups hot water and a stock cube, bring to boil and reduce heat. Cook rice until it is light and fluffy.
- While the rice is cooking sauté chopped bell peppers and garlic with some more piripiri seasoning.
- Add the cooked rice and sauté until well blended.
Recipe & Photo Credit: princesstafadzwa.com