Portuguese Maria Biscuits Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesThu, Mar 31, 2016
4 out of 5 with 114 ratings
Views: 118992 - Comments 4
10 oz of Maria biscuits1 cup of butter1 and ½ cups of sugar1 cup of hot coffee1 tablespoon of instant coffee Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by grating 3 Maria biscuits so that it is as thin as possible and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the butter (room temperature), sugar and the 1 tablespoon of coffee dissolved in water.
- Beat well until you get an homogeneous cream and set aside.
- Soak the remaining biscuits in the hot coffee (to taste) and make alternate layers with the cream previously made.
- Finish with the cream on top, sprinkle with the grated biscuits and refrigerate.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Ester, drawingdreaming.blogspot.ca *
Frederick - 6 Months ago
There are no details regarding the size of the pan, and I am sorry, but that doesn't look like Maria biscuits soaked in coffee.
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Use a 9” removable bottom pan for best results and it is Maria biscuits, what you see on top is grated biscuits.
6 Months ago (+0) (-0)