How to make Portuguese mussels and shrimp in chouriço sauce.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
½ cup of olive oil3 garlic cloves minced1 small chouriço diced1 green pepper diced1 large tomato, seeds removed and diced1 bay leaf6 oz tomato paste3 cups of white wine1 lb of mussels1 lb of shrimp1 sprig of fresh parsleySea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Line a large heavy pan or clay pot with olive oil.
- Add minced garlic, chouriço, diced green pepper and large tomato and simmer until slightly browned.
- Add bay leaf, tomato paste and wine and stir on medium heat until your kitchen smells amazing and the sauce is blended well.
- Add Mussels and Shrimp and cover pot.
- Cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Remove any unopened Mussels.
- Sprinkle with parsley and salt and pepper and stir until well blended
It was good, but I think it needed tweaking. I’d love to know what others have done. I think it needed onions, less tomato paste, less wine. More garlic! 😀 Any thoughts?
1 year ago, Monday, March 21, 2022
You might also like:
Natasha's best chocolate chip cookies are big, soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate.
Do you want to know how to select the best beef for your cooking needs? Read on. Whatever method you choose to prepare the beef you pick, the same requirements apply when selecting the meat.
Check out some of the amazing food at Famous Churrascaria Portuguese BBQ & Grill Family Restaurant on 144 Rodman St. in Fall River.