Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesTue, Apr 5, 2016
4 out of 5 with 55 ratings
½ cup of olive oil3 garlic cloves minced1 small chouriço diced1 green pepper diced1 large tomato, seeds removed and diced1 bay leaf6 oz tomato paste3 cups of white wine1 lb of mussels1 lb of shrimp1 sprig of fresh parsleySea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Line a large heavy pan or clay pot with olive oil.
- Add minced garlic, chouriço, diced green pepper and large tomato and simmer until slightly browned.
- Add bay leaf, tomato paste and wine and stir on medium heat until your kitchen smells amazing and the sauce is blended well.
- Add Mussels and Shrimp and cover pot.
- Cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Remove any unopened Mussels.
- Sprinkle with parsley and salt and pepper and stir until well blended
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!