4 out of 5 with 34 ratings
comments: 0 - views: 49993
Learn how to make this delicious Portuguese collard greens and white bean soup.
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes2 tablespoons olive oil1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions2 garlic cloves coarsely chopped2 teaspoons salt2 teaspoons ground fennel seeds1 small fennel bulb, diced (about 2 cups)1 cup diced carrots1 1⁄2 cups diced potatoes2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or one 15-ounce can diced tomatoes3 cups cooked white beans (two 15-ounce cans drained)4 cups water or vegetable stock5 or 6 cups loosely packed chopped collard greens3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water to cover.
- In a covered soup pot on medium-low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onions, garlic, and salt and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground fennel and diced fennel bulb and cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, thyme, and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and water or stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are just tender. If the soup is too thick, add another cup of water.
- Meanwhile, remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the soaking liquid and coarsely chop.
- Add the collard greens and sun- dried tomatoes to the pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the kale is tender. Stir in the lemon juice. Season with more salt and black pepper to taste.
Recipe & Photo Credit: mindbodygreen.com
There are no comments for this recipe.