|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Needed: 8 inch round cake mold
1) Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF. Line the cake mold with parchment paper. Grease with butter
and dust lightly with flour.
2) Bring the water, sugar, salt, and pork lard to a boil in a big saucepan. Add the ground almonds.
3) Stir gently but constantly, over medium-low heat, until the almond mixture starts to thicken and
you can expose the bottom of the pan by stirring, about 2 minutes.
4) Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter. Mix until the butter is melted and
5) In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the yolks and eggs. Pour into the almond mixture and mix
with a spatula.
6) Add the amaretto and orange zest and stir well.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the cake is firm in the center and the top
is lightly golden brown, about 28-30 minutes (if you over bake it, the cake becomes
8) Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool.
9) After the cake has cooled for about 20 minutes, invert the cake onto a platter.
10) Lift off the pan, peel off the parchment paper, and invert the cake on a serving plate with the topside up.
11) Cut the cake into wedges. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!