How to make Portuguese fidalguinhos cookies.
2 and 1/3 cups of flour1/2 cup of sugar1/4 cup of butter2 eggs2 egg yolksZest of 1/2 lemon1 tea spoon of cinammonGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Sieve the flour with the sugar and add the eggs, the egg yolks, the butter, the lemon zest and the cinammon and knead everything well.
- Let the dough to rest for about half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Take a bit of dough and make a roll, than divide it in two and twist the two bits together.
- Repeat this step until you don't have any more dough so you can create several cookies.
- Put in a baking tray lined with paper and bake them until golden.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
These delicious Portuguese Muxagata biscuits (biscoitos de Muxagata) from Vila Nova de Foz Côa are so easy and quick to make.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
These Portuguese lemon cookies will melt in your mouth, they are like shortbread cookies with lemon zest.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
There are no comments for this recipe.