Portuguese Pineapple Kisses Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesTue, Apr 12, 2016
4 out of 5 with 14 ratings
- Grease a rimmed cookie sheet with unsalted butter. Reserve.
- Combine the pineapple and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens sufficiently to pull away from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- When partially cooled, spread the pineapple mixture in the cookie sheet, and let cool completely.
- When the pineapple is completely cool, using buttered hands, form the mixture into 20 small round balls. Fill a small mixing bowl with granulated sugar, and roll each ball in the sugar to completely cover. Place the completed balls back on the greased cookie sheet and let stand for several hours.
- Serve in small paper cups, decorated with a sprig of mint if desired.