Portuguese Buns (Papo Secos) Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Apr 24, 2016
3 out of 5 with 60 ratings
2 cups of flour 1/4 teaspoon of salt1 teaspoon of instant yeast2 teaspoons of sugar2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening3/4 to 1 cup of warm water
- Combine the flour, salt, yeast, sugar and shortening in a mixing bowl.
- Add the water and knead to a rough dough (add more water if the dough is too dry).
- Knead for about 10 mins until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and place it in a warm place for about 1 hour (until double in bulk).
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and knead lightly on a floured counter.
- Divide into small 85g balls and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Shape the rolls (roll out each dough slightly and make two folds towards the centre, twist the ends with your fingers to make a small twisted point.
- Cover the dough and put aside for another 45 mins.
- Placed the shaped rolls on a lined baking sheet and brush them with milk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C or 390°F for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown).
You Might Also Like These