Portuguese Buns (Papo Secos) Recipe
- Mix water, sugar, salt and yeast in a bowl.
- Add the flour a little at a time and mix with your hand or with a dough hook.
- Knead for at least 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and forms a ball of dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead into a ball.
- Place in a bowl, cover and store in a warm place until the dough doubles in size (Approximately one hour).
- Shape the dough into balls, make a crease with your palm and let them rise for at least one hour or until doubled.
- Bake them at 190°C or 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- The rolls will be crusty after cooking.
- Place in a plastic bag when cooled and they will become softer.
You Might Also Like These