Portuguese Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesTue, Apr 26, 2016
5 out of 5 with 8 ratings
2 and 1/2 tablespoons of gelatin powder or 5 gelatin sheets1 cup of condensed milk1 cup of heavy cream1 lb of strawberries * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Place the gelatin sheets in cold water for about 10 minutes (until soft).
- Remove the gelatin from the cold water, place it in container with a little boiling water (1/2 cup) and let it dissolve.
- Beat the condensed milk, cream, gelatin and about 3/4 lb of the strawberries without the leaves in a blender.
- Put everything in a glass dish and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Garnish with the left over strawberries.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Frederick Souza - 3 Weeks ago
The amount of gelatin if using powder is an awful lot, and I think this would not be very flavorful as a result.
Recipe keeper - 5 Months ago
What are gelatin sheets and where do you buy them?
Sheet Gelatin, also called Leaf Gelatin, works like granular gelatin found in your local grocery store, but in a different form. Rather than a powder, it is takes the shape of thin sheets or leaves of gelatin film. The sheets dissolve more slowly than the granulated form, but also produce a clearer gelled product. If you can't find the sheets/leaves, you can buy the powder at Walmart or other bigger grocery stores, if you do get the powder, search on google to convert sheets to powder and it will tell you how much powder to use, hope that helps. :)
5 Months ago