How to make Portuguese strawberry mousse.
2 and 1/2 tablespoons of gelatin powder or 5 gelatin sheets1 cup of condensed milk1 cup of heavy cream1 lb of strawberriesGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Place the gelatin sheets in cold water for about 10 minutes (until soft).
- Remove the gelatin from the cold water, place it in container with a little boiling water (1/2 cup) and let it dissolve.
- Beat the condensed milk, cream, gelatin and about 3/4 lb of the strawberries without the leaves in a blender.
- Put everything in a glass dish and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Garnish with the left over strawberries.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
How to make Portuguese orange pudding (Pudim de Laranja).
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Learn how to make this easy and delicious Portuguese apple marmalade dessert (marmelada de maçã), it makes a great snack.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
The amount of gelatin if using powder is an awful lot, and I think this would not be very flavorful as a result.
7 Months ago, Tuesday, December 28, 2021
What are gelatin sheets and where do you buy them?
11 Months ago, Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Sheet Gelatin, also called Leaf Gelatin, works like granular gelatin found in your local grocery store, but in a different form. Rather than a powder, it is takes the shape of thin sheets or leaves of gelatin film. The sheets dissolve more slowly than the granulated form, but also produce a clearer gelled product. If you can't find the sheets/leaves, you can buy the powder at Walmart or other bigger grocery stores, if you do get the powder, search on google to convert sheets to powder and it will tell you how much powder to use, hope that helps. :)
11 Months ago, Thursday, September 9, 2021