Portuguese Caramel Magic Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 160ºC or 325ºF.
- Grease an 8in x 8in/20cm x 20cm baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place the butter along with 50g brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat mixing constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool (the mixture will not be smooth and the sugar will be slightly crystalized).
- Beat the egg yolks with the 1/2 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the butter and sugar mixture, the vanilla and stir well.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and beat until fully incorporated, slowly add the milk and beat some more.
- The batter will be very liquidy.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add the egg whites into the mixture (batter should be lumpy).
- Pour the batter into baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Test with a toothpick, if necessary leave for an extra 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before unmolding on a serving plate.
- Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These