How to make Portuguese orange marinated roast pork loin.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 20 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 (8) pound boneless pork loin (The photo is 1 loin cut into pieces)2 large oranges (1 sliced, 1 for juice and zest)1 large onion (sliced)Marinade:1 cup of white wine1/4 cup of olive oil2 tablespoons of melted butter or margarine1 tablespoon salt1 teaspoon black pepper4 cloves garlic (finely minced)1 tablespoon paprika1/4 teaspoon thyme 0r rosemary (optional) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Zest one orange and squeeze out juice. Place in a small bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Save the other orange for later.
- Place the onions evenly in a deep baking pan. Place the pork over the onions and pour over the marinade. Top with the orange slices.
- Let marinade at least 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the pork from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before cooking.
- Cook for about 1 hour, then coat pork with the pan drippings. Cook for about 15-20 minutes longer. Check temperature with meat thermometer which read about 160 -165 degrees F.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve the drippings and place the sliced pork back into the pan with the drippings. Serve the onions and sauce over the pork.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Tia Maria from Tia Maria's Blog, shows you hot to make a delicious Portuguese kale soup (sopa de couve com chouriço).
How to cook Portuguese mussels, this dish is very delicious and so easy to make !
Trying the local and most authentic foods when you travel should always be a top priority! It's one of the best ways to experience local culture. Today, I got to try the very best local cuisine Madeira has to offer.
Learn how to make the best Portuguese custard tarts (pasteis de nata) with Michael Santos.
How to make pan roasted chestnuts, a delectable treat, especially popular during the fall and winter seasons.
Here is a list of the top 10 highest rated beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.