Portuguese Orange Marinated Roast Pork Loin Recipe
Posted in: Pork RecipesFri, May 13, 2016
3 out of 5 with 10 ratings
Views: 11482 - Comments 0
1 (8) pound boneless pork loin (The photo is 1 loin cut into pieces)2 large oranges (1 sliced, 1 for juice and zest)1 large onion (sliced)Marinade:1 cup of white wine1/4 cup of olive oil2 tablespoons of melted butter or margarine1 tablespoon salt1 teaspoon black pepper4 cloves garlic (finely minced)1 tablespoon paprika1/4 teaspoon thyme 0r rosemary (optional) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Zest one orange and squeeze out juice. Place in a small bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Save the other orange for later.
- Place the onions evenly in a deep baking pan. Place the pork over the onions and pour over the marinade. Top with the orange slices.
- Let marinade at least 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the pork from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before cooking.
- Cook for about 1 hour, then coat pork with the pan drippings. Cook for about 15-20 minutes longer. Check temperature with meat thermometer which read about 160 -165 degrees F.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve the drippings and place the sliced pork back into the pan with the drippings. Serve the onions and sauce over the pork.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Tia Maria's Blog, portuguesediner.com