Portuguese Chouriço Stuffed Clams Recipe
- Fill a large pot with 2 cups water and bring it to a boil. Add the clams to the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the clams steam for approximately 10 minutes, until the shells open.
- Remove the clam meat from the clams and mince the meat finely.
- Break apart the clam shells from their hinges.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the minced onion.
- Once the onions have softened add the garlic. Cook the garlic for 1 minute, then add the parsley, bread crumbs, minced clams, lemon juice, clam juice, and chopped chourico sausage.
- Let it cook for 4-5 minutes and stir it well. If the mixture is too dry, add more butter or clam juice.
- Lay the clam shells on a baking dish. Scoop a little stuffing mixture onto each clam shell.
- Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the parmesan is browned on top.
- Take out of the oven and serve with lemon slices for extra flavor.
You Might Also Like These