Portuguese Rabanadas Recipe
Posted in: BreakfastWed, May 25, 2016
4 out of 5 with 18 ratings
Views: 70045 - Comments 7
1 loaf of day old crusty bread2 cups of milk3 large eggs1 tablespoon of sugar1/2 teaspoon of cinnamonMargarine for cookingSugar and cinnamon for topping Get Portuguese ingredients
- Slice the bread into 1inch slices and place in a deep dish pan. Beat all the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread. Let the bread slices sit in the egg for about 30 seconds and then flip them over to absorb into the other side.
- Keep flipping the bread until all of the egg mixture is absorbed.
- Meanwhile on medium high heat, melt margarine in a large flat skillet or griddle. When the skillet is hot, lower the heat to medium and gently place the slices of bread on the grill greasing the pan as needed.
- Cook both sides of the bread until golden brown and it becomes firm to the touch. If you find the bread still soggy, continue cooking them on low heat for longer.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon while still hot.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Tia Maria's Blog, portuguesediner.com/tiamaria
Alex Bisset - 1 Year ago
I also like to add a little Nutmeg.
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Thank you for the tip. 👍👍
1 Year ago (+0) (-0)