How to make Portuguese baked eggs with tomato and chouriço.
1 tbsp olive oil2 garlic cloves, sliced3 tomatoes, roughly chopped1/2 tsp cumin powder (optional)1 chourico sausage, sliced4 eggs1 tbsp parsley, choppedSalt (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook garlic till golden.
- Add tomatoes, salt to taste and cumin, cover with a lid, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Spoon tomatoes into individual baking dishes with some sliced chourico, make a well in the middle and break one egg into each dish. Sprinkle a little salt over the egg and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or to your liking.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!