How to make Portuguese baked eggs with tomato and chouriço.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 tbsp olive oil2 garlic cloves, sliced3 tomatoes, roughly chopped1/2 tsp cumin powder (optional)1 chourico sausage, sliced4 eggs1 tbsp parsley, choppedSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook garlic till golden.
- Add tomatoes, salt to taste and cumin, cover with a lid, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Spoon tomatoes into individual baking dishes with some sliced chourico, make a well in the middle and break one egg into each dish. Sprinkle a little salt over the egg and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or to your liking.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley.
Sounds & looks like an excellent Sunday breakfast with a Bloody Mary.
1 year ago, Sunday, April 10, 2022
You might also like:
Watch this video to learn how to make Portuguese fried fava beans step by step with Nancy.
Visiting the Azores, Portugal ? We complete our 2018 Guide to the Azores with this list of the top 10 things to do in the Azores, as well as some general travel tips.
With Portuguese haute cuisine, the world's gourmet dining experience has become significantly more diverse, and it would take an entire cookbook to list and describe all of the dishes available.