- Beat the sugar, eggs and butter. Add the pinch of salt, orange rind, orange juice, aguardente, and the flour and continue beating until the batter is smooth. Cover the bowl and set aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, pour the batter onto a very floured counter. Knead the dough with enough flour until the batter is no longer sticky.
- Roll out the dough into 3×5 inch rectangles 1/4 inch thick. Make cuts lengthwise in center of the rectangles.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Place on paper towels to absorb any grease.
- Blend sugar with cinnamin in a bowl and coat each Coscorões.
You might also like
This Portuguese bread pudding (pudim de pão) is delicious, it has a chewy texture and a well browned crust, serve warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
These Portuguese cornucópias (Stuffed Pastry) with lemon cream (cornucópias com creme de limão) are absolutely amazing.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
A very delicious Portuguese creamy milk dessert (creme de leite) in very little time, enjoy.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|