Portuguese Angel Wings (CoscorĂµes) Recipe
Posted in: DessertsSun, May 29, 2016
4 out of 5 with 11 ratings
Views: 39139 - Comments 0
5 cups of flour4 eggsZest of 1 orangeJuice of 1 orange4 tablespoons of melted butter 4 tablespoons of sugar4 tablespoons of whiskeyCinnamon (to taste)Sugar (to taste)Pinch of saltOil for frying Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the sugar, eggs and butter. Add the pinch of salt, orange rind, orange juice, aguardente, and the flour and continue beating until the batter is smooth. Cover the bowl and set aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, pour the batter onto a very floured counter. Knead the dough with enough flour until the batter is no longer sticky.
- Roll out the dough into 3Ă—5 inch rectangles 1/4 inch thick. Make cuts lengthwiseÂ Â in center of the rectangles.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Place on paper towels to absorb any grease.
- Blend sugar with cinnamin in a bowl and coat each CoscorĂµes.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Tia Maria's Blog,Â portuguesediner.com/tiamariaÂ *