Learn how to make this delicious lemon cake (bolo de limão).
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
5 eggs2 tablespoons of butter1 cup of sugar2 cups of flourGrated zest and juice of one lemon1 teaspoon of baking powderIcing:5 tablespoons of powdered sugarJuice from 1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Add the softened butter with the sugar and egg yolks and beat until a whitish eggnog.
- Add the zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites very firm and add to the previous mixture alternating with the flour already mixed with the baking powder.
- Place in a form greased with butter and dusted with flour.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C or 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- In a bowl add the sugar and the lemon juice needed to begin to dissolve the sugar, but without becoming liquid. It should be the consistent like a soft paste.
- When the cake is cold, cover it with the icing and allow it to dry.
It looks amazing. Going to make it right now
8 months ago, Thursday, March 30, 2023
You might also like:
Madeira Island - Caught in the warm trade winds of the North Atlantic, visitors here are spoiled with dramatic cliffs and coastal charm.
Learn how to make Portuguese milk tarts, there are many different types of tarts in Portugal and these are very popular.
It's just a fact: the best breads die young. For this reason, we've all wondered how to keep bread fresh at one time or another.