Lemon Cake (Bolo de limão) Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesTue, Jun 7, 2016
4 out of 5 with 30 ratings
- Add the softened butter with the sugar and egg yolks and beat until a whitish eggnog.
- Add the zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites very firm and add to the previous mixture alternating with the flour already mixed with the baking powder.
- Place in a form greased with butter and dusted with flour.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C or 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- In a bowl add the sugar and the lemon juice needed to begin to dissolve the sugar, but without becoming liquid. It should be the consistent like a soft paste.
- When the cake is cold, cover it with the icing and allow it to dry.