Lemon Cake (Bolo de limão) Recipe
Posted in: CakesMon, Jun 6, 2016
4 out of 5 with 37 ratings
Views: 54309 - Comments 1
5 eggs2 tablespoons of butter1 cup of sugar2 cups of flourGrated zest and juice of one lemon1 teaspoon of baking powderIcing:5 tablespoons of powdered sugarJuice from 1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Add the softened butter with the sugar and egg yolks and beat until a whitish eggnog.
- Add the zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites very firm and add to the previous mixture alternating with the flour already mixed with the baking powder.
- Place in a form greased with butter and dusted with flour.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C or 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- In a bowl add the sugar and the lemon juice needed to begin to dissolve the sugar, but without becoming liquid. It should be the consistent like a soft paste.
- When the cake is cold, cover it with the icing and allow it to dry.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Luisa Batalha, viajardemochilaascostas.blogspot.ca *
Mary - 3 Months ago
It looks amazing. Going to make it right now
[reply] (+0) (-0)