How to make Portuguese Chicken with Rice (frango com arroz).
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
8 to 10 pieces of chicken2 cups of long grain rice1 medium onion (finely chopped)1 large ripe tomato (chopped)2 tablespoons of olive oil2 teaspoons of salt1 teaspoon of pepper (to taste)1 teaspoon of garlic powder1/4 teaspoon of paprika1 bay leaf6 or more cups of boiling water1 Knorr chicken bouillon cube1 (8 oz) package of mushrooms (sliced)Chopped parsley to garnish Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the chicken with the spices and let it marinade for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Brown the chicken on both sides in the olive oil in a very large deep skillet.
- Add the onion bay leaf and tomato, and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, bouillon, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir let it come to a boil and cover.
- Let cook for about 15 minutes longer.
- Add more boiling water if you find the rice has dried out.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and spread the mushrooms over it and cover (the steam will cook the mushrooms so no need to keep cooking).
- When ready to serve top with chopped parsley.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Pedro shows you how to make Portuguese piri piri chicken from scratch on this video.
On this video, Tia Maria from Tia Maria's Blog, shows you hot to make a delicious Portuguese kale soup (sopa de couve com chouriço).
On this video, Pedro Ramos from Cooking Like Ramos shows you how to make an easy Portuguese seafood rice (arroz de marisco).
Watch Pedro Ramos latest cooking video on the most delicious Portuguese chicken soup called canja.
Broa is a type of corn and rye bread traditionally made in Portugal, Galicia, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, and Brazil (where it is traditionally seasoned with fennel).
Michael Santos from Just Cook with Michael Santos, shows you how to make this delicious Terceira Island alcatra clay pot roast from Uma Casa Restaurant.