Portuguese Chicken with Rice Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Poultry
Jun 18, 2016
0 out of 5 with 0 ratings
8 -10 pieces of chicken2 cups long grain1 medium onion (finely chopped)1 large ripe tomato (chopped)2 tablespoons olive oil2 teaspoons of salt1 teaspoon pepper1 teaspoon garlic powder1/4 teaspoon paprika1 bay leaf6 or more cups of boiling water1 Knorr chicken bouillon cube1 (8 oz) package of mushrooms (sliced)Chopped parsley or scallions for garnish
- Season the chicken with the spices and let marinade for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Brown the chicken on both sides in the olive oil in a very large deep skillet. Add the onion bay leaf and tomato, and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, bouillon, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the rice, stir let come to a boil and cover. Let cook for about 15 minutes longer.
- Taste the rice for doneness. I like a firm rice, but if you prefer a more well done rice cook longer. Add more boiling water if you find the rice has dried out.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off heat and spread the mushrooms over it and cover. The steam will cook the mushrooms so need to keep cooking.
- When ready to serve top with chopped parsley or scallions.
You Might Also Like These