This delicious, rich flavoured stew will become a hit at home.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 chicken thighs2 linguica sausages cut into 1 inch diagonal pieces1 onion cut into large pieces2 carrots cut into large diagonal chunks4 stalks of celery cut into 1 inch chunks4 roma tomatoes cut into eighths4 garlic cloves coarsely chopped1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks1 can of crushed peeled tomatoes2 cups of chicken brothGreen olivesPaprika 1 cup Madeira wine4 tablespoons of Olive OilPepper (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a dutch oven, or large heavy pot.
- Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper and when the oil is hot add the chicken to the pot, skin side down.
- Cook over medium heat until the chicken is brown on one side, turn it over and cook the other sitde until it's golden brown too.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, linguiça, 2 tablespoons of paprika, chopped garlic and bell peppers.
- Cook until the onions are transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, crushed tomatoes, 1 cup of Madeira wine and 2 cups of broth.
- Mix everything together, and put a lid on the pot.
- Simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on... until the chicken is tender and pulls easily from the bone.
- Meanwhile steam up a nice pot of rice to go with the chicken and sausages.
- Serve chicken, sausage and vegetables over the rice with a glass of red wine.
Hi Eddy: This looks so delicious, I am going to have to make it. Your recipes are just great! Everything that I make from you are no disappointment. They are really fantastic. i am a true fan of yours.
1 year ago, Wednesday, December 22, 2021
You might also like:
On the video, Angela from Angela Castro - The Olive Branch, shows you how to make the delicious Portuguese cavacas pastry.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese cod recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese appetizer recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Chris from Don't Go Bacon My Heart shows you how to make this delicious piri piri chicken pasta, it's creamy, nice & spicy and loaded with so much flavour!.
Learn how to make Portuguese peas and chouriço with Angela from Angela Castro- The Olive Branch.
On this video, Michael Santos from Just Cook With Michael Santos shows you how to make a popular and delicious Portuguese chicken soup (Canja).