Portuguese Chicken with Linguiça Stew Recipe
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a dutch oven, or large heavy pot.
- Season the chicken with sea salt and pepper and when the oil is hot add the chicken to the pot, skin side down.
- Cook over medium heat until the chicken is brown on one side, turn it over and cook the other sitde until it's golden brown too.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, linguiça, 2 tablespoons of paprika, chopped garlic and bell peppers.
- Cook until the onions are transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, crushed tomatoes, 1 cup of Madeira wine and 1 cup of broth.
- Mix everything together, and put a lid on the pot.
- Simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on... until the chicken is tender and pulls easily from the bone.
- Meanwhile steam up a nice pot of rice to go with the chicken and sausages.
- Serve chicken, sausage and vegetables over the rice with a glass of red wine.
You Might Also Like These