Portuguese Shrimp Bread Soup Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesFri, Jun 24, 2016
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 9718 - Comments 2
How to make Portuguese shrimp bread soup.
4 garlic cloves minced4 cups cooking water for the shrimps4 eggs1 lb big shrimp1 small onion, minced1 bunched fresh cilantro chopped1/2 lb stale bread, thinly sliced1/2 cup of Portuguese olive oilChili pepperLemon juiceIceSalt Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat a pot, boil shrimp in very salted water during one minute and reserve the water.
- Shell shrimp and reserve in a mix of ice with salt, chili pepper and lemon juice.
- Crush shrimps heads and boil in some of the water.
- Sauté garlic and onion until onion is tender.
- Add cilantro in some of the cooking water and bring to a boil.
- Strain water from cooking the shrimps heads and pour while still boiling over the bread, let the bread absorb the water and then add to sauted onions.
- Add shrimps, mix and season to taste.
- Transfer to the pot.
- Crack eggs over bread pudding and mix well.
Recipe & Photo Credit: cookinglisbon.com *
Mariam Mikhail - 1 Year ago
What is it called in Portuguese?
[reply] (+0) (-0)
Açorda de gambas Miriam.
1 Year ago (+0) (-0)