These delicious home fry rounds also make a great side dish.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 large Russet Potatoes (scrubbed, washed, unpeeled, and sliced into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices)1 teaspoon saltWater1 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/2 teaspoon paprika2 tablespoons oil (for frying)2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)Piri Piri or any hot sauce for seasoning (optional)Fresh Parsley (finely chopped) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the potatoes in a pan with enough cold water to cover them, add salt, bring to a boil and cook on high for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain, cover with a lid and place the pan on the stove top for the moisture to evaporate for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1/2 of both oils in a large skillet.
- Mix the salt, garlic powder and paprika in a small bowl.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and lay flat on a large sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with a light coating of 1/2 of the seasoning mix.
- Fry the potatoes in batches with the oils on both sides until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the remaining seasonings while still warm.
- When ready to serve, top with the parsley and piri piri if desired.
There are no comments for this recipe.