This is probably one of the tastiest Portuguese desserts you will ever eat.
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 package of Maria cookies (7 oz)1 can of sweetened condensed milk2 cups of cocoa powder2 tbsp of Port wine1 cup of unsalted butter, melted1 cup of whole almonds Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl, coarsely break the Maria cookies with your hands.
- In another bowl, mix (you can use a mixer or not) a can of condensed milk, 2 cups of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of Port wine and the melted butter.
- Add the almonds into this mixture and then the Maria cookies.
- Spread the mixture in a parchment paper and roll it to make a salami shape.
- Twist the edges and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours to get hard.
- After that time, take it out, open the paper and sprinkle the roll with cocoa powder all around.
- Transfer it to aluminum paper and roll it like before, twisting the edges. You can keep it in the freezer for as long as you want.
- When you want to serve it, take it out 10 minutes before.
- To serve, just cut into slices as it is.
- For better results, warm a knife in hot water and dry it before cutting.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Watch this video to find out the 10 best places to retire in Portugal.
On this video, Tia Maria from Tia Maria's Blog, shows you hot to make a delicious Portuguese kale soup (sopa de couve com chouriço).
The 20 best Portuguese foods to try while visiting Portugal.