Portuguese Chocolate Salami Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesThu, Jul 28, 2016
3 out of 5 with 42 ratings
1 package of Maria cookies (7 oz)1 can of sweetened condensed milk2 cups of cocoa powder2 tbsp of Port wine1 cup of unsalted butter, melted1 cup of whole almonds * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a bowl, coarsely break the Maria cookies with your hands.
- In another bowl, mix (you can use a mixer or not) a can of condensed milk, 2 cups of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of Port wine and the melted butter.
- Add the almonds into this mixture and then the Maria cookies.
- Spread the mixture in a parchment paper and roll it to make a salami shape.
- Twist the edges and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours to get hard.
- After that time, take it out, open the paper and sprinkle the roll with cocoa powder all around.
- Transfer it to aluminum paper and roll it like before, twisting the edges. You can keep it in the freezer for as long as you want.
- When you want to serve it, take it out 10 minutes before.
- To serve, just cut into slices as it is.
- For better results, warm a knife in hot water and dry it before cutting.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!