Portuguese Chocolate Salami Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Desserts
Jul 28, 2016
3 out of 5 with 11 ratings
1 package of Maria cookies (7 oz)1 can of sweetened condensed milk2 cups of cocoa powder2 tbsp of Porto wine1 cup of unsalted butter, melted1 cup of whole almonds
- In a bowl, coarsely break the Maria cookies with your hands.
- In another bowl, mix (you can use a mixer or not) a can of condensed milk, 2 cups of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of Porto wine and the melted butter.
- Add the almonds into this mixture and then the Maria cookies.
- Spread the mixture in a parchment paper and roll it to make a salami shape.
- Twist the edges and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours to get hard.
- After that time take it out, open the paper and sprinkle the roll with cocoa powder all around. Transfer it to aluminum paper and roll it like before, twisting the edges. You can keep it in the freezer for as long as you want.
- When you want to serve it, take it 10 minutes before. To serve, just cut into slices as it is. For better results, warm a knife in hot water and dry it before cutting.
You Might Also Like These