Portuguese Garlic Prawns Recipe
Posted in: Appetizer RecipesThu, Jul 28, 2016
4 out of 5 with 24 ratings
Views: 34459 - Comments 0
1 lb of tiger prawns3 cloves garlicJuice of one lemonCoarse sea salt1 cup dry white winePiri-piriCoarse Chopped coriander3 tablespoons olive oil Get Portuguese ingredients
Get a Cataplana Pan (Click Here)
- Dry the peeled prawns with paper towels, season them with salt and a little lemon juice.
- Heat olive oil in cataplana (Portuguese dish).
- Add the finely chopped garlic.
- Once garlic takes color, add the prawns, a few drops of piri-piri sauce (Portuguese chili), and fry them until they take color.
- Add the white wine and sprinkle with coarsely chopped cilantro.
- Put the lid on and let it simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Shake the catapla dish a few times during cooking.
- In Portugal this is served in a soup plate or pasta dish.
- Dip country bread in the sauce.
Courtesy Isabel Lars, isabellars.wordpress.com