Portuguese Sausage and Egg Flat Bread Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Jul 29, 2016
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 lb of pizza dough1/2 small chourico sausage cut into sliceseggs (as many as you want for topping)1 small onion (thinly sliced)1 clove garlic (finely minced)1 or more cups shredded cheese (any favorite)2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil2 teaspoons olive oilFresh cracked pepper1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheeseFlour and course corn meal for dusting pan
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Spread out pizza dough into a thin desired shape on a cookie sheet that has been dusted with flour an a little course corn meal.
- In a small skillet add one teaspoon of olive oil and saute the onions and garlic for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sliced chourico and let brown for a few minutes. Set aside to cool.
- When dough is cool, spread the chourico evenly on the dough. Sprinkle with the basil and the shredded cheeses.
- Break the eggs gently and place evenly spaced on top. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the eggs and chourico.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper. Cook for about 15-20 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
You Might Also Like These