Portuguese Seafood Skewers Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Jul 29, 2016
3 out of 5 with 2 ratings
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped2 long red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped2 tsp ground ginger3 tsp sweet paprika2 tsp dried oregano1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush4 limes, cut into wedges24 prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined300g squid tubes, cut into 3cm strips400g swordfish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces4 corn cobsFlat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue to high.
- To make the marinade, combine the garlic, chilli, ginger, paprika, oregano and oil, then season.
- To make skewers, thread 1 lime wedge, 1 prawn, 1 piece of squid and 1 piece of swordfish onto a skewer, then repeat. Repeat with remaining skewers, then coat in the marinade.
- Brush corn with oil and chargrill, turning, for 10 minutes, until blistered and tender.
- Set aside. Brush chargrill with oil and cook skewers, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Slice the corn off the cob, garnish with parsley and serve with the skewers.
You Might Also Like These