Portuguese Style Spaghetti with Beef & Linguiça Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Pasta & Pizza
Jul 31, 2016
4 out of 5 with 14 ratings
1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil1 cup of chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, minced1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes (or more if you like heat)3/4 lb. of ground beef1/2 lb. of ground linguica2 tsp. of salt1/2 tsp. of black pepper1 tsp. of onion powder1 tsp. of garlic powder1 (28 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes3/4 cup of beef broth1 tsp. of sugar1 bay leaf1 (12 oz.) box of spaghetti1 stem of basil, leaves chopped
- Preheat a large pan on medium high heat, add the oil then the onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cook the beef until brown, breaking up into small chunks.
- Add the linguica and cook for 1 minute, using a spatula to break up the chunks.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and beef broth.
- Add the sugar and bay leaf.
- Stir and allow it to come to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times during this period.
- While sauce simmers, cook spaghetti according to package direction.
- Drain the spaghetti and serve the sauce over the pasta, garnished with chopped basil.
*Ground linguica is precooked sausage. If you are substituting with an uncooked sausage, add it to the skillet at the same time as the ground beef.
You Might Also Like These