Portuguese Style Spaghetti with Beef & Linguiça Recipe
Posted in: Pasta RecipesSun, Jul 31, 2016
3 out of 5 with 31 ratings
Views: 43270 - Comments 3
1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil1 cup of chopped onion2 cloves of garlic, minced1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes (or more if you like heat)3/4 lb. of ground beef1/2 lb. of ground linguica2 tsp. of salt1/2 tsp. of black pepper1 tsp. of onion powder1 tsp. of garlic powder1 (28 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes3/4 cup of beef broth1 tsp. of sugar1 bay leaf1 (12 oz.) box of spaghetti1 stem of basil, leaves chopped Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat a large pan on medium high heat, add the oil then the onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cook the beef until brown, breaking up into small chunks.
- Add the linguica and cook for 1 minute, using a spatula to break up the chunks.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and beef broth.
- Add the sugar and bay leaf.
- Stir and allow it to come to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times during this period.
- While sauce simmers, cook spaghetti according to package direction.
- Drain the spaghetti and serve the sauce over the pasta, garnished with chopped basil.
*Ground linguica is precooked sausage. If you are substituting with an uncooked sausage, add it to the skillet at the same time as the ground beef.
Recipe & Photo Credit: In Good Flavor, blogher.com